Tasty Oatmeal Scotchies
This recipe makes wonderful large cookies that the whole family will enjoy. It makes 3" cookies and uses more flour than other similar recipes I found on Zaar. This is from an original Nestle's ad that was posted in a newspaper, probably around 1978 or so.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package nestle's butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, eggs, and water, beat until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, Nestle's Butterscotch Morsels and orange extract.
- Drop by slightly rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees.
- Makes 4 dozen 3" cookies.