1/3 Photos of Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce over Linguine
A recipe I clipped several years ago from Cooking Light magazine that my family enjoys very much. This is a very different tasting red sauce and is fairly quick to prepare. This is a great sauce to make when you find out you have last minute dinner guests arriving as it is fast & easy, yet elegant. I take a veggie peeler and slice off thin peels of fresh Parmesan cheese as a garnish on top and stick a sprig of rosemary in the top of each portion. If I have any fresh basil, I also shred a few leaves and sprinkle some over the top. Crusty bread is a must with this. Doubles well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, diced finely
- 4 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 177.44 ml good quality red wine, such as valpolicella or 177.44 ml shiraz wine (NOT cooking wine)
- 29.58 ml honey
- 9.85 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 170.09 g can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 283.49 g box linguine, cooked and drained
- 1Before you begin, measure out all of the herbs& seasonings into a small bowl and set near the stove to add when needed.
- 2Heat a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add oil and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add onions, and saute about 3 minutes, stirring the whole time to keep from burning.
- 5Add wine,honey,tomatoes,tomato paste, and the dish of herbs& seasonings you blended earlier.
- 6Bring to just a simmer (just started to bubble under the surface- but not boiling), then cook 20 minutes uncovered or until thick- lowering heat if needed to keep it from boiling up.
- 7You may wish to set a lid partially over the pot to help keep splatters to a minimum- and also stir occasionally.
- 8Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce over Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 603.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g