Nana Lee's Note:
The title of the recipe says it all. This sounds so good, I'll be making it for dinner tonight. Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Episode#: EI1F06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, defrosted (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Bring the broth to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 2Cover the broth and keep it warm over very low heat.
- 3Melt the butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 5Stir in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 6Stir in the rice and cook for about 2 minutes until the rice is toasted.
- 7Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- 8Add 3/4 cup of hot broth; simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- 9Repeat, adding 3/4 cup of hot broth 2 more times, stirring often, about 12 minutes longer.
- 10At this point, the risotto can be made 4 hours ahead.
- 11Refrigerate the risotto (the rice will still be firm) and remaining broth, uncovered, until cool, then cover and keep them refrigerated until ready to proceed.
- 12Bring the remaining broth to a simmer, then cover and keep it warm over very low heat.
- 13Stir 3/4 cup of hot broth into the partially cooked risotto over medium heat until the broth is absorbed and the risotto is hot, about 3 minutes.
- 14Add the remaining broth and simmer until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy, about 5 minutes longer.
- 15Stir in the peas and parsley.
- 16Add the 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
- 17Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Spoon the risotto into bowls.
- 18Sprinkle additional cheese over and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Risotto With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 260.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g