- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 2 medium carrots
- 125 ml dry red wine
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot pan on the stove cook the bacon until browned.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in mushrooms and thawed beef base.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and serve.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes.