Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wintery salad that landed in my inbox that I'm posting here for safekeeping. It will be part of my Thanksgiving menu this year.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce hearts, thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small radicchio, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Make vinaigrette: Combine ingredients in blender for a smooth, creamy consistency or mince shallot finely, combine all ingredients in a bowl & whisk well.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Check seasoning.