Recipe by dicentra
Food & Wine. They reccomend a wine I've been wanting to try! Washington Riesling: 2005 Poet's Leap
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small fennel bulb, halved cored and shaved paper-thin
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded mint leaf
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless red snapper fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, toss the radishes, fennel, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, chives and mint.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and orange, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over the bowl, cut between the membranes and release the sections into the bowl.
- Squeeze the membranes over the bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice to the bowl and season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Set the fish on a well-oiled, sturdy baking sheet and brush with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 4 minutes, on one side only, just until white throughout. Using a spatula, transfer the fish to plates.
- Top with the salad and serve.