Recipe by Cynna
Mexican dish featuring nopalitos(cactus) and red snapper. Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
Top Review by liquidfire
I made this with some other kind of fish that was on sale, and I thought it would turn out well, but the nopalitos (fresh) and the fish kept draining water that I kept pouring off. The cilantro sauce also did not seem to go well with the dish. It was edible, but not fantastic. If you try this recipe, I would find some way to reduce the water, like drying the fish or pan frying it. Also, add some more spice to it.
- 1 (15 ounce) jar nopalitos, diced
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the nopalitos.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the nopalitos with the cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place snapper filets in a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with the nopalitos mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until the filets are cooked through.