Yummy spicy grilled burger recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Red River Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions or 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 red serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, split (1-inch-thick) or 8 slices bread (1-inch-thick)
- roasted red pepper catsup, roasted garlic catsup (optional) or other purchased flavored catsup (optional)
- 4 slices tomatoes (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
- red serrano pepper (optional)
- Combine green onion or white onion, bread crumbs, serrano peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160°F, turning once.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- Grill or toast buns or bread. Serve burgers on grilled or toasted buns or bread topped, if desired, with flavored catsup, tomato slices, red onion slices, and serrano peppers.
I love Burgers and I sure enjoyed this one. I thought it would be extra hot but it was just right - We love spicy. I used a Jalapeno in place of the Serrano in the meat mixture and use a spicy garlic smoke sauce. Love Chipotle in adobo sauce Yes please again & again.