1/2 Photos of Red River Burger
Yummy spicy grilled burger recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 red serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, split (1-inch-thick) or 8 slices bread (1-inch-thick)
- roasted red pepper catsup, roasted garlic catsup (optional) or other purchased flavored catsup (optional)
- 4 slices tomatoes (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
- red serrano pepper (optional)
- 1Combine green onion or white onion, bread crumbs, serrano peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 2For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160°F, turning once.
- 3For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- 4Grill or toast buns or bread. Serve burgers on grilled or toasted buns or bread topped, if desired, with flavored catsup, tomato slices, red onion slices, and serrano peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red River Burger
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 625.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo