Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Indian recipe from my MIL I would like to try.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida powder or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika (Spanish variety)
- 1 lb red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the oil, asafetida, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds in a.
- nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 10 seconds.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the red peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and broth and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the mixture in a blender.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Serve in individual bowls, topping each serving with 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese.