Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great snack or starter to a Mexican Fiesta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ready-to-use chopped garlic
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 count) yellow taco shells
- Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add onion, diced green chiles and garlic.
- Cook until onion begins to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place cooked onion mixture into a food processor along with red peppers, salsa, vinegar, brown sugar, cumin, and salt.
- process until mixture is pureed.
- Transfer to bowl and cover tightly.
- Chill at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- FOR TACO CHIPS: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place taco shells on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently break into pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Serve with dip.