Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This sweet and sour relish (some would call it a confit) is great with any roasted meat, with cold cuts, or on sandwiches, burgers or hot dogs
Top Review by RonaNZ
This looks and tastes great. Just the right amount of sweetness to sour and a lovely red colour. It was really easy to make too. I probably simmered for about an hour but I had it turned down really low as I was busy at the time so couldn't do the "stir often". I didn't want to burn it. It still worked well. I had some on a cold meat sandwich. Yum!
- 4 large red onions, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a non-reactive pot and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often, until the mixture is thick and has the consistency of marmalade, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes about 2 cups.