Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe by Chef Micheal LaDuke - Senior Director of Culinary Development at Red Lobster. Came from Red Lobster's website. The recipe is no longer on the site, but it's a good thing I posted it here. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix (Coco Lopez)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine Sour Cream and Coco Lopez in a mixing bowl, and mix together gently. Do not use an electric mixer or over mix by hand as it will cause the sour cream to break down and make sauce too thin.
- Drain crushed pineapple.
- Fold crushed pineapple into cream mixture.
- Finish with juice from one lemon.
- Cover and store refrigerated.
the very best sauce ever
Best sauce ever....super easy to do....my friends didn't believe that I actually made it myself....Sooo good with the Deep fried Coconut Shrimp...Recipe #32055
Just like Red Lobsters!! Fantastic sauce. We served it with Recipe #93688. Make sure you use Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut. It comes in a can. It isn't a pina colada drink mixer that comes in a bottle. It is much thicker than what comes in the bottle. Try to mix the sauce up ahead of time. The sour cream flavor isn't as pronounced after a little while.