Recipe by Sonya01
for beverage tag This is a fabulous breakfast juice or pre-dinner drink - it's a non-alcoholic version of the more potent "bloody Mary" cocktail. If you're short on time, you can substitute 300ml bottled or canned tomato juice for the tomatoes and omit the salt.
- 400 g ripe tomatoes, chilled
- 125 ml water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 drops red Tabasco sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ice cube
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a juice extractor to process the tomatoes. Transfer to a jug. (Alternatively, place the tomatoes in the jug of a blender and blend until pureed. Strain through a sieve into a jug. Discard seeds and skin.)
- Combine the tomato juice (you will need 300ml), water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco in a cocktail shaker. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the ice cubes, cover with the lid and shake well until chilled.
- Strain the tomato mixture into 2 serving glasses. Garnish with celery sticks and lemon wedges, and serve immediately.