Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this recipe on atasteofthai.com and loved it!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, shaken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite size pieces (if you want to make it meat-less, use firm tofu, cut into small slices and add your desired veggies)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- Equipment: A large frying pan, which works much better than a wok!
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the curry base and simmer for 2 minutes, so that it is dissolved and foaming.
- Stir in the can of the coconut milk. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced chicken. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, fish sauce and bell pepper. Simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the chopped basil. Season to taste with more sugar or seasoning sauce as desired.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe came out pretty good, but it wasn't what I had expected. I was expecting a thinner gravy, but it was still very tasty. I added extra basil and red curry paste for more of a kick.