Recipe by KittyKitty
This is a dessert sauce, great in the summer. Serve it with light meringues, and sorbets.
- 2 cups red currants
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Strip the red currants from their stalks using a fork. Place in a food processor or blender with the raspberries and sugar, puree until smooth.
- Press the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard seeds and pulp.
- Blend the cornstarch with the orange juice, then stir into the fruit puree. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and thick.Set aside until cold.
- Spoon the sauce over each plate. Drip the cream from a teaspoon to make small dots evenly around the edge. Draw a toothpick through the dots to form heart shapes. Place the meringue or scoop the sorbet into the middle and decorate with flowers.