This intensely flavored sauce is a real treat served on ice cream, puddings, or poached fruit.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb fresh raspberries or (12 ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kirsch (optional) or 1 teaspoon framboise eau-de-vie (optional)
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes.
- Put the raspberies and the sugar syrup in a blender and puree.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and stir in the kirsch or framboise, if using.
- The sauce keeps well, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and freezes perfectly for several months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 16 more