Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My grandmother always had red cabbage on the side for Thanksgiving. It is really delicious. She never left me a recipe so I have hunted and found one that tasted similar. The apples should be green tart ones.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt margarine in dutch oven. Add apples and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingrediants.
- Heat mixture to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 35 minutes or until cabbage is tender.