Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had to make this salad two days in a row. When I got home from work yesterday, my husband asked me where I'd hidden the leftovers from the night before because he wanted them for lunch. Well, I'd taken them with me for MY lunch -- so I made another batch last night to go with our chili. The night before that I'd served it with shredded chicken Bobbie-Q (see my recipes) over mashed potatoes. There was a bit left over last night -- and I made sure to leave it for my husband. I brought peanut butter & a cucumber for my lunch instead. *sigh* Anyway, if you do have any of this salad left, use it by the next day.
- 3 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (yellow or sweet)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cracked black pepper (or more)
- Combine vegetables and feta cheese in bowl large enough to allow tossing.
- Combine dressing ingredients in container with tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Pour over salad just before serving and toss well.
- Refrigerate leftovers, and use within one day.
Yummy! The only things I changed were green instead of red cabbage, left out the olives and added extra feta cheese. We really liked it!! My husband rated it an 8, which is a big compliment from him. Thanks so much for sharing! :O)
We loved it. Can't wait for leftovers at lunch tomorrow.
This is one AMAZING salad!! The flavours marry soooo well! I never would have thought of using cumin with cabbage and cheese...but WOW! I chopped 1/2 a red cabbage in the food precessor so it really has a 'slaw' like quality. My husband, who is not a big cabbage fan has asked me to put some aside in the fridge for him for tomorrw! Thanks ThatBobbieGirl! A definite new fave and keeper in our house!