1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lovely colour and great flavour!! from Cooking for Diabetics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 3 large tart eating apples or 1 large cooking apple
- 6 slices Canadian bacon (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon HOT creamed horseradish
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 300f degrees.
- 2Mix the onions, fennel, if using, red cabbage and caraway seeds in a bowl.
- 3Peel, core and chop the apples and chop the bacon slices, if using, then stir them into the cabbage mixture.
- 4Transfer to a casserole.
- 5Mix the yogurt with the creamed horseradish sauce.
- 6Stir the yhogurt and horseradish mixture into the casserole, season with salt and pepper and cover tightly.
- 7Bake for 1 1/2 hours, stirring once or twice.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage and Apple Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g