Recipe by Boomette
Posted for ZWT - NA*ME. ETA : I made it on July 26, 2011. I used chicken broth and used only red bell pepper. We loved it.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #60* This was REALLY good ! I always use Israeli couscous -- pearl type - and chicken broth. Served with Barramundi fish fillets (yum -- had fresh when we visited Australia) - and you never notice a chicken taste. Went together in quick time, and looked very appealing with the red pepper. Thanks for posting, Boomette.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat oil at medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until veggies have softened.
- Pour the vegetable broth in the saucepan and bring to boil. Add couscous and stir. Cover and remove from the heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.