Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Posted for ZWT - NA*ME. ETA : I made it on July 26, 2011. I used chicken broth and used only red bell pepper. We loved it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- In a small saucepan, heat oil at medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until veggies have softened.
- Pour the vegetable broth in the saucepan and bring to boil. Add couscous and stir. Cover and remove from the heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #60* This was REALLY good ! I always use Israeli couscous -- pearl type - and chicken broth. Served with Barramundi fish fillets (yum -- had fresh when we visited Australia) - and you never notice a chicken taste. Went together in quick time, and looked very appealing with the red pepper. Thanks for posting, Boomette.
What an enjoyable side! This side is not only fast and easy but also pairs well with many main dishes. Made as written. Thanks for the post.
Tasty and easy side! I used a larger grained couscous than the normal variety, otherwise, no changes. made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars