photo by Mindelicious
- Ready In:
- 1 lb zucchini, seed and shredded into long strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey, for vegan use a couple drops of stevia (optional)
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Mix slaw ingredients together.
- Pour over slaw tossing to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this twice since we liked it sooo much!! The first night we had it as a side dish at a vegan bbq and the next day for lunch I had it over romaine and my husband stuffed his along with some bean pesto into a toasted pita. YUMMY!!! He really enjoyed the dressing and so I have a bottle of it made in the fridge :) Thanks so much Rita!!! Made for Veg*n Swap Oct '10!!!!
Made for Farmer's Market Tag. What a great way to use zucchini and a nice change from regular coleslaw. I need to make this again because I used rice wine vinegar and really think I should have used either white or apple cider vinegar as it wasn't really very sweet using rice wine vinegar. Thanks for posting this Rita!