Recipe by jamiej
cuban style red beans made in a crock pot. the longer you cook it the better. I dont add salt as the ham and chorizo add plenty,but if you like alot of salt,,, wait til the end of cooking and taste to see if it needs more.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This was a very tasty dish . I used Chipolte chili powder and a Ancho chili powder since there is no such thing as the Sazon Goya seasoning where I live LOL I found there was a bit to much me but that is just me ,my DH loved all the meat . As yummy as this is I don't think I will make it again
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 lb ham steak, diced
- 1 ham hock (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 green olives, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) packet Sazon Goya seasoning
- parsley, to taste
- cayenne, pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- remove casing from chorizo and cook in frying pan, breaking it up.drain, and add to crock pot along with everything else. cook on low for at least 6 hours( the longer the better).add spices to taste.
- before serving if used a ham hock take out and pull meat off bone and add back to pot, discarding the bone.
- serve over rice or makes great burritos.