Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious on crackers or melba toast. We also like it with corned beef and/or in a corned beef or pastrami sandwich.
- 2 cups canned red beans, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish (or more)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- With a fork, mash most of the red beans keeping some aside to set on top.
- Combine mashed red beans with remaining igredients, mixing well.
- Top with saved whole red beans and chill.
- Cooking time is chilling only.
We loved this dip. It tastes like the high fat version from our favorite restaurant. Mashing the beans gives it a wonderful creamy texture.