Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Simple and tasty gazpacho
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups vegetable cocktail
- 1 cup bread cubes, no crusts
- 2 cups yogurt
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate at least a few hours, preferably overnight for best flavor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, vinegar if necessary.
- When ready to serve, place about ¼ cup yogurt on each serving and sprinkle with green onions.