Recipe by Sharon123
This is what I eat everyday for lunch. I just use what I have on hand. Feel free to change around the ingredients to please your tastes. Sometimes I even grate some beet into the mix!
- 473.18 ml mixed baby greens (or lettuce of choice)
- 236.59 ml baby spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14-118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- 118.29 ml alfalfa sprout
- 59.14 ml lentil sprouts (or other sprouts)
- 59.14 ml chopped cucumber
- 59.14 ml halved cherry tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped red bell pepper (or yellow or green)
- 118.29 ml snow peas, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 scallion, chopped
- 59.14-118.29 ml thinly sliced of fresh mint
- you may add chopped green beans or grated carrots or grated beets or shaved summer squash, etc
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey (to taste)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, place the lettuces, parsley, cilantro, sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, snow peas, garlic, scallions and mint.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado well.
- Add juice from lemon, honey and avocado.
- Add oil to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Salt to taste if desired(I don't use it).
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!