Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is what I eat everyday for lunch. I just use what I have on hand. Feel free to change around the ingredients to please your tastes. Sometimes I even grate some beet into the mix!
- 473.18 ml mixed baby greens (or lettuce of choice)
- 236.59 ml baby spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14-118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- 118.29 ml alfalfa sprout
- 59.14 ml lentil sprouts (or other sprouts)
- 59.14 ml chopped cucumber
- 59.14 ml halved cherry tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped red bell pepper (or yellow or green)
- 118.29 ml snow peas, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 scallion, chopped
- 59.14-118.29 ml thinly sliced of fresh mint
- you may add chopped green beans or grated carrots or grated beets or shaved summer squash, etc
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey (to taste)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, place the lettuces, parsley, cilantro, sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, snow peas, garlic, scallions and mint.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado well.
- Add juice from lemon, honey and avocado.
- Add oil to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Salt to taste if desired(I don't use it).
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!
I love the healthy salad ingredients. It is a great combination. The dressing is really tasty, too! I love avocados!
This salad dressing is great! Just made a regular garden salad (using baby romaine, shredded carrot, cucumber, tomato, chives, yellow bell pepper, and added some chopped mint in this time), and spooned the dressing over top.
The flavour of the salad dressing is awesome. I made it with 1/2 and 1/2 canola oil and olive oil, a dash of seasoning salt. Excellent!
This dressing rocks!! Wow! I love it! Easy to whip up and healthy. After finishing my salad, I drizzled some on my salmon. Perfect combination! Try it!! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!