Southwestern Chopped Salad With Avocado Dressing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Copied from tasty.co: https://tasty.co/recipe/southwestern-chopped-salad-with-avocado-dressing
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado (Dressing ingredients from here till end)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons water, for desired thickness
- Mix salt, cumin, and chili powder in bowl. Season the chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, then add chicken breasts. Cook roughly 7-8 minutes each side, remove from pan, then let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing into strips. The juices should run clear and the chicken shouldn’t be pink in the center.
- Cut the chicken into slices.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, black beans, corn, and chicken. Toss until everything is mixed. Add avocados, then toss once more. Be careful to not overwork the avocados. Serve in bowl.
- Add the avocado dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add 3 - 6 tablespoons of water for desired thickness.
- The dressing can be stored in an airtight container and kept refrigerated for 1-2 weeks.
- Toss the salad with the desired amount of dressing and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION