Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this with crackers, and your guests will never want to leave, it is that good, and easy too! Plan ahead, this needs to be refrigerated overnight, so make a day ahead. Recipe can be doubled if desired. I have even used this pate to make party sandwiches... also it freezes very well.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can red salmon, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I used green onion, fresh dill and omitted the butter like Wendys did. This is very good on crackers. Thanks Kit. Made for 123 hit wonders.
More than 5 stars recipe! Very healthy - I omit the butter - sorry Kittencal - and it is polished off by my family in seconds! So easy and delicious. Try it for a starter with crispy bread.
The taste is pretty good, and I served it on sliced and peeled cucumber with a little dill on each piece. but it too a long time to get all the skin, membrane and bone out of the canned salmon. I had to break it down into tiny pieces to get it all out, about 20 minutes for that step alone.