Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the April 2010 issue of Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Real Simple Easy Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dried fruit
- Heat oven to 350 F'.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the oats, almonds, coconut, and hulled pumpkin seeds with the maple syrup, oil, and salt.
- Bake, tossing once, until golden and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add dried fruit and toss to combine.
- Let cool.
This was really good and my kids loved it... and of course it is easy! I didn't have maple syrup, so I used half honey and half Mrs. Butterworth's pancake syrup. I used 2/3 cups raisins and 1/3 cup craisins. <br/><br/>Thanks!
This is really good! I didn't have almonds so used walnuts and dried tart cherries for the fruit. I like that it was bigger chunks/pieces so I could eat by itself as a snack; will have to try it in yogurt or on ice cream... Made for 2012 Spring PAC.