Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an unusual way to serve raw beetroot and it is best made a few hours before serving to allow the flavours to meld together
- 2 large raw beetroots, grated
- 4 ounces sultanas
- 1 large red onion, chopped very finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- salt and pepper
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all the ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle on garnish.
It looks pretty, but we didn't like the "bitter" taste... I used a sweet onion instead of red onion and chose to use lime - maybe that made the difference?
Yummy! I haven't had beetroot/beet for years because of my diet, but I really wanted to eat some today so I chose to make this salad with the tin of beetroot. I had to substitute raw beetroot with a tin beetroot, and chopped them instead of grated, used fresh basil and choose lemon juice. Thank you NinaK-K for posting
I had this salad on New Years Day. It was an easy recipe to put together. Everyone at the party loved the flavour combination and asked for the recipe. This is a keeper. Thank you for sharing.