Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Veg | Non Spicy
- 3 medium sized eggplants (long variety)
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized green capsicum (1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium sized red capsicum (1 inch pieces)
- 1 medium sized yellow capsicum (1 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sized onions (cut into rings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, concasse
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 -6 green basil leaves
- 5 -6 purple basil leaves
- white pepper powder
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160°C Heat one and a half tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add onions and sauté.
- Slice one eggplant into thin vertical slices. Quarter the other two eggplants and further cut into half inch thick slices horizontally.
- Add the smaller slices to the onions and toss. Add salt and cook. Sprinkle a little salt on the vertical slices of eggplant and brush a little olive oil on them. Roast these slices on both sides over a grill till lightly browned.
- Halve the zucchini and further slice into half inch thick slices horizontally. Add it to the eggplants and toss. Add tomato concasse and one cup of water, fresh thyme, hand torn green and purple basil leaves and cook.
- Adjust salt, add white pepper powder and mix. Heat the remaining olive oil in another pan. Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the three coloured capsicums, salt and toss. Sauté for two minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant mixture into a baking dish. Put the coloured capsicums over it. Place the grilled eggplant slices on top. Place the dish in the preheated oven and cook for twenty to thirty minutes. Serve hot.