Recipe by Krishnapriya
This is a light and fluffy mousse with a wonderful raspberry sauce. Great layered like a parfait then frozen. Additional Raspberry sauce can be spooned over cakes or served with mousse.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 drop red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Process berries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain mixture into a small bowl, and discard seeds. Add the sugar and liqueur, and stir until sugar dissolves. Makes 1 cup of sauce.
- In a heavy saucepan on low heat, warm 1/4 cup of the cream and the white chocolate, stirring constantly until chocolate melts. Let mixture cool until it is lukewarm. Stir in 1 tablespoon of raspberry sauce, and the food coloring. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whip remaining 1 1/2 cup cream to soft peaks. Fold into melted chocolate mixture, one-third at a time, until no streaks remain.
- Layer into parfait dishes, and serve with the sauce. May also be used to fill or ice a cake.