Rhubarb Raspberry Mousse
Rhubarb and raspberry flavors add a pleasant tang. This pretty pink mousse has a creamy texture.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb (or frozen)
- 1 cup cold water (plus 1 T cold water)
- 12 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (or thawed frozen raspberries)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 3/4 cup water, 6 T sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Strain; return to the pan and set aside.
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- Place the raspberries and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Strain; add to rhubarb mixture.
- Stir in softened gelatin.
- Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into rhubarb mixture.
- Spoon into dessert glasses or bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Note: Prep time does not include chilling time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION