Recipe by CABarbieQue
YUMMMMM!! is all I can say. This is easy and very impressive. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (16 oz)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (I prefer powdered) or 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (I prefer powdered)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liquor (such as Chambord)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 8 1⁄2 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (35)
- mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks start to form, then beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Mash 1 cup of the raspberries or puree them in the food processor. Strain. Mix the mashed/puree raspberries with the raspberry liquor. Fold HALF of the whipped cream into the raspberry mixture. If you want to make the cake completely pink, double the raspberry mixture and fold in all of the whipped cream.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons raspberry whipped cream on top of each of 6 wafers and stack. Stack another wafer on top of each stack to make 5 stacks of 7 wafers each.
- Turn stacks on their sides and place stacks side by side in a long roll on a rectangular platter. If you’re making a small roll, you can use whatever size platter your want. Spread reserved whipped cream all over top and down sides. Cover and refrigerate 5 hours, or until wafers have softened.
- Before serving, use the remaining fresh raspberries & fresh mint to garnish the cake.