Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had some leftover sauce from dinner tonight and wondered, "How would this go on a turkey sandwich?" The answer? Awesome! Definitely use mild Cheddar, though, so the cheese doesn't overpower the sauce, which is the real star of this sandwich. The sauce was derived from one orignally posted [url='http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Raspberry-Tilapia-57948']here[/url].
- 1 lb turkey, sliced
- 4 ounces mild cheddar cheese, sliced (basically 4 1-oz. slices)
- shredded lettuce, to taste (yeah, it won't be in the nutritional info, but it's basically all water anyway)
- 4 kaiser rolls (potato bread works great at holding the sauce) or 4 other bread (potato bread works great at holding the sauce)
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill, dried
- Mix the sauce ingredients together (this might take a few minutes to get the preserves completely broken down into the other liquids). Put the turkey, cheese, and lettuce on the rolls (or your other bread of choice), then add the sauce liberally. Put the sandwiches together and enjoy!