Recipe by NorthwestGal
I got this recipe from a cookbook called "Ultimate Cheesecakes" from Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Kraft Foods). I've used fat-free cream cheese, and it was just as good as the cheesecake in which I used the original cream cheese.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is one very easy to make & delicious cheese cake, & several neighbors can attest to how great it tastes! Followed your recipe right on down, but when it came to my own slice, I did top it with a small amount of homemade chocolate sauce! What can I say, but that I'm a real chocoholic! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 9 inches graham cracker pie crust
- 3 tablespoons red raspberry preserves (seedless)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture into the graham cracker pie crust. Dot the top of the cheesecake with the preserves. Cut through the batter with a butter knife several times, for a swirl or marble effect.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream (or Cool Whip) and raspberries (fresh or frozen).