Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A beautiful lunch salad that my girlfriends and I like. I call this girl food because I think of it as something you would serve at a ladies luncheon. But the men in my life like it too.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
My goodness, I have never felt so fresh in my life. This has such a wonderful clean taste to it. I love the dressing with the shrimp. I'm a big fan of the Newman's Raspberry Walnut dressing, so I was instantly drawn to this dish for the dressing alone. Wow, this was really a great recipe. Thank you for posting!
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked,peeled,deveined and chilled
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup peeled cored and chopped granny smith apple
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 envelope lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Place salad greens on individual plates.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients using a whisk.
- Pour 1/2 cup dressing mixture over the shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of dressing over the salad greens on the individual plates.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over the salad greens and serve with remaining dressing.