Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was having a late night craving again for something yummy and again I found myself limited in what I had on hand. So I whipped some raspberry sauce up and had it over ice cream... I liked it so much I made it again the next day and poured it over some chocolate chip pancakes! It is very simple to make and not too sweet. The pink lemonade leaves just that hint of something that really adds to the flavor.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- 4 tablespoons prepared pink lemonade (I used the powdered country time brand)
- In food processor add raspberries while still frozen along with other ingredients and blend til smooth.
- Push mixture through a small sieve to separate the seeds out.
- pour over vanilla ice cream with some chocolate syrup for a great raspberry truffle flavor or pour over chocolate chip pancakes with some whip cream to top it off for a nice romantic breakfast for two!
Wonderful sauce! I can imagine it would have several different uses. I used some as a sauce for a raspberry cake I made. I have saved the rest to use on top of ice cream. Easy to make and the pink lemonade does add that little bit of something!!
Picked up on this recipe & decided to make it while waiting for a problem to get solved on tagging in the March Beverage Tag game! FAST & EASY, & OH, SO NICE TO THE TASTE BUDS! The combo of the lemonade & berries is great, & I thank you very much for sharing this recipe! [NOT tagged in a game, but rather just made for the 'halibut!']