Recipe by L. Duch
This is a wonderful sauce that is delicious over crepes or any type of dessert. I came up with this on my own, so the amounts may be off a bit. The sweetness/tartness differs with everyone, so you can easily add more sugar if you like. This is very easy to make. I drizzle this over crepes and over my flans.
- 1 (1 lb) bagfresh frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw frozen raspberries.
- Press through strainer to separate seeds from juice and pulp. (Throw seeds away).
- Pour liquid in small sauce pan.
- Add sugar, raspberry liquor, lemon juice and bring to boil, melting sugar.
- Make a slurry with corn starch and water.
- Slowly whisk in to boiling raspberry mixture until desired thickness is reached.
- Cool and pour desired amount over your favourite dessert.