Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988. Very refreshing! The word "punch" comes from the East Indian word "puny" meaning five, so-called for its five ingredients: spirit, citrus juice, spices, tea and water. Introduced into England from Spain, it was also called "contradiction" because it used spirit to make it strong, water to make it weak, lemon to make it sour and sugar to make it sweet. Enjoy!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 4 (6 ounce) cans water
- 1 quart club soda
- Mash thawed raspberries or strawberries with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix berries with orange juice, lemonade and water.
- Just before serving, pour fruit mixture over ice and add club soda.