Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from "Fluffins"
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (with vanilla)
- 6 teaspoons raspberry flavored syrup (4 tsp to mix into the meringue and 2 tsp to pour into a pastry bag)
- Beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until the mixture form satiny peaks. Keep beating the egg whites while adding sugar little at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Add 4 tsp of raspberry syrup and fold in gently.
- Coat the inside of a pastry bag with swirls of 2 tsp raspberry cordial/syrup (this will make the meringue look more beautiful with pink stripes) and then carefully fill the bag with meringue mixture.
- Decorate cupcakes meringue and bake in the oven for another 5 minutes.