Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing makes this salad something great. Be sure to use a dark green lettuce and good quality, creamy, blue cheese. I love this salad!
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil (not the strongly flavored stuff)
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 2 heads bibb lettuce or 2 heads your favorite dark green lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 small red onions or 1 small sweet onion, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of toasted pine nuts (pignoli)
- Mix the vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add the olive oil in a slow stream, blending with a hand blender or mixer until emulsified.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl.
- Arrange onion rings, blue cheese crumbles, and toasted pine nuts on top.
- Drizzle with half the dressing.
- Taste and add more dressing to taste.
- Toss again.
- Serve immediately after adding dressing.
- If making ahead, don't add dressing until right before serving.
Great with Salmon!