Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe from a co-worker. It makes an enormous amount of sweet relish with just a touch of tartness from the cranberries. The raspberry jello is the key to even non-cranberry eaters enjoying the dish. Feel free to substitute cranberry Jello if you want a stronger cranberry flavor. I chop my nuts, cranberries, apples and oranges in a food processor. For a chunkier relish, chop the apples, oranges, and nuts by hand. I have thirded everything for a smaller amount using an 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple with good results as well. Can also be made with splenda and sugar free gelatin.
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12 ounces cranberries, finely chopped
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- Mix the 3 boxes of gelatin with the 2 cups of sugar.
- Bring the 3 cups of water to a boil and pour over gelatin and sugar mixture.
- Whisk until dissolved and set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, mix crushed pineapple, finely chopped cranberries, chopped apples, and chopped oranges.
- Stir in chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Pour gelatin over fruit and nut mixture; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 2 weeks before serving.