Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this recipe from a friend who "adapted/adopted" it from Pillsbury. Everyone in our building loves these and I make them a special batch at Christmas and for Valentine's Day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch square baking pan by spraying it with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) until the edges are lightly brown.
- While the crust is baking, combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour the filling over the crust.
- In a small bowl, heat 1/2 of the 1/4 cup of jam until soft.
- Carefully spoon the jam over and into the filing without disturbing the crust.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes longer until filling is set.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir remaining jam until smooth, then spread it evenly over the cooled bars.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Store leftovers (like you'll have those!) in the refrigerator.