Recipe by Kzim4
Another recipe clipped from an unknown magazine. Cooking time is cooling and freezing time.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen raspberries, thawed (in heavy syrup)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree raspberries and syrup with lemon juice in a food processor; then force through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on and then discarding the solids.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Then whisk in milk, yolks, and a pinch of salt. Cook custard mix in a 2 1/2-3 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, whisking until it just reaches a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, whisking continuously (custard will look curdled).
- Pour custard through fine sieve into a bowl. Stir in vanilla and cool, stirring occasionally.
- Stir berry puree and cream into custard and chill, covered, until cold (at least 2 hours).
- Freeze in ice cream maker, following manufacturers instructions. Transfer to an air tight container and put in freezer to harden.
- Note: Ice cream keeps about 1 week.