Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
I think this is a Betty Crocker recipe. Be sure to bite into one of these when they're still slightly warm--what a flavor rush;)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam (or your favorite flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Grease the bottoms only of 12 standard-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat together the milk, oil, and egg.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt (whisked together first) just until combined--do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared tins 1/3 full of batter; place about 1 tsp.
- of the jam in the center of each cup, avoiding the sides of the tins.
- Carefully top with remaining batter.
- If desired, lightly sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove muffins from the tins.
- Serve warm or cool.
- ***ForChocolate-Chocolate Chip Raspberry-Filled Muffins, decrease the flour to 1 3/4 cups and add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.