Recipe by Missy Wombat
How can you go wrong with two of my favourite ingredients? From the Creative Gourmet company. Serve hot with crepes, hot cakes, steamed pudding etc or chilled with ice cream, chocolate cake, cheesecake and the like.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Thank you so much for this OUTSTANDING FIG SAUCE! It's so easy to make & has such great taste! I made this specifically as a topping for another recipe I was making [recipe #337148] & together they were wonderful! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!']
- 190 g dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthways (optional)
- 300 g frozen raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine figs, water, honey and vanilla bean in a saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until honey dissolves. Bring to the boil then simmer until figs are tender and liquid has reduced to a thick syrup, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in frozen raspberries and continue to simmer until sauce thickens to required consistency, about 5 minutes.