Recipe by yooper
This one's from the latest issue of "Taste of Home" magazine. It comes from Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York. Another "haven't made but must try" recipe of mine!
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- In a blender, combine cottage cheese and milk; cover and process until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in cottage cheese mixture, flour and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs just until blended.
- Pour into pastry shell (pie will be full).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup raspberries; gently press into filling with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set (cover edges loosely with foil if browning to quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and remaining raspberries.
- Store in the refrigerator.