Prep 48 hrs
Cook 31 mins
From Taste of Home
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl,beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs;beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan,sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat,stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in jam. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl,beat crean until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar;beat until stiff peaks form. Remove 1/2 cup for garnish;cover and refrigerate. Gently stir 3/4 cup whipped cream into raspberry mixture just until blended. Fold in the remaining whipping cream;spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved whipped cream.