4 hrs 20 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is one of the Houston Chronicle's most requested recipes and is originally from Melange Catering. I've served this numerous times over the years and have always gotten many compliments on it. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place grated cheese in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature until soft and slightly oily.
- 2Stir in onions,pecans,cayenne,mayonnaise0t and pepper sauce.
- 3Knead with hands (wash them first!) until well blended.
- 4Line a 10 inch pan with plastic wrap (an indented flan dish works best but a cake pan or any pan with a flat bottom works well too).
- 5Press cheese mixture firmly into pan;cover top with additional plastic wrap and press mixture again to mold firmly.
- 6Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until cheese is firm again.
- 7To serve, unmold torte onto onto serving dish, spread top with preserves, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve with assorted crackers.
- 8The torte can be made ahead, but preserves should not be spread on top more than 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Raspberries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Raspberries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cheese Torte
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: