Recipe by Manami
Found in Diana's Recipe Book. I"ve had this recipe in my folder to try & now seems to be that moment. The picture looks wonderful! Posted in response to a very nice request. No passive cooking time involved just the prep time, about 3 to 3-1/2 hrs.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejello raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor (Use more if needed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packagessponge type ladyfingers (24 ladyfingers, split)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the raspberry jello according to pkg instructions and pour into the bottom of an 8" souffle dish, allow to set.
- Arrange the split ladyfingers around the souffle dish in an upright position, cutting them to size if they are slightly taller than the dish(this takes time, but they do remain in place if you take care).
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk and sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the milk and stir well until gelatin has dissolved, allow to cool.
- Whip the cream and egg white separately, then fold beaten egg white into whipped cream. Gently stir in the sugar and the Chambord.
- Add gelatin/milk mixture to the whipped cream mixture, stir well and gently spoon into the ladyfinger lined dish. Cover with a plate and allow to cool until set.
- To Remove Charlotte from Souffle Dish:.
- Immerse the dish in hot water for a moment to loosen the jello, place a plate over the dish and turn it over, giving the bottom a gentle bang to release the charlotte from the dish. Before serving, decorate top of charlotte with frozen raspberries.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!